I crave eating this salad as a sank at work. I sometimes tell myself that when I go home, I will prepare it. If you go to any middle eastern restaurant, you will find Fattoush. It is great to eat it alone or with BBQ Fattoush, a much-loved salad in Middle Eastern and Turkish cuisine, has a special spot in my preferences.
Fattoush, the famous salad in Middle East and Turkey, and my favorite
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce chopped
- A big handful of arugula chopped (trim the root ends)
- A handful of parsley chopped (trim the root ends)
- 4 radishes diced
- A few green mint leaves chopped
- 1 medium tomato diced
- A few green onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ¼ whole wheat pita bread grilled in the air fryer (break it into small pieces) Note: Make sure the bread is crispy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Start by giving your vegetables a good rinse. You can use vinegar to wash them, which helps remove any dirt or residue.After washing, dry the vegetables thoroughly using a salad spinner or paper towels. Dry vegetables make for a crisper salad.
- Chop the assorted fresh vegetables into bite-sized pieces. You can mix and match vegetables according to your preferences.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped vegetables.
- Pour in the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and Sumac to the vegetables. Give it a good mix to coat the vegetables evenly with the dressing.
- Place the grilled pita bread pieces on top of the salad. I use whole wheat pita bread
- Drizzle the pomegranate molasses over the grilled bread. It gives it an amazing taste
- Your delicious salad is ready to be enjoyed! I just finished eating this delightful salad before writing this sentence.