I really enjoy the Spicy Mediterranean Chicken and Veggie Pasta. The combination of flavorful spicy chicken, Mediterranean herbs, and mixed vegetables creates a delicious and satisfying meal. The addition of veggies not only adds nutrition but also enhances the texture. It’s a fantastic mix of savory and tasty flavors that I love.
Spicy Mediterranean Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- 375 grams of spaghetti quinoa, or whole grain
- 1 pound about 450 grams of organic chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 cup of whole cherry tomatoes
- 3 zucchinis sliced into thin rounds or half-moons
- 2 small hot peppers sliced (adjust to your spice preference)
- 3 sweet peppers sliced (use a mix of colors for variety)
- 1/2 cup of olives sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon seven spices a spice blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Olive oil for cooking and drizzling
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti, quinoa, or whole grain pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until they are browned and cooked through. Season with salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper, seven spices, and garlic powder.
- In the same pan, add a bit more olive oil if needed. Add the sliced onion, zucchini, hot peppers, and sweet peppers. Sauté until they start to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Toss in the whole cherry tomatoes and sliced olives. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften and release some juices. Adjust the seasoning with more salt or spices if needed.
- Gently add the cooked spaghetti, quinoa, or whole grain pasta into the chicken and vegetable mixture in the pan. Pour in the soy sauce as well. Toss everything together until well combined.
- Cover the pan with foil. Preheated your oven to medium heat, then place the foil-covered pan inside for 5 minutes.
- Plate your spaghetti with the chicken, zucchini, and a medley of peppers and olives. If desired, you can add some Parmesan cheese for extra flavor, but you can omit it if you don't eat cheese.